[FM-India] Positions in Munich

Madhavan Mukund madhavan at cmi.ac.in
Wed May 16 18:37:46 IST 2018

----- Forwarded message from Javier Esparza <esparza at in.tum.de> -----

Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 14:52:16 +0200
From: Javier Esparza <esparza at in.tum.de>
Subject: Positions in Munich

The Chair for Foundations of Software Reliability of the Technical University
of Munich (TUM), led by Javier Esparza and Jan Kretinsky, is inviting
applications for a doctoral and a postdoctoral research scholars.

The positions are funded by the ERC Advanced Grant "Parameterized Verification
and Synthesis". We are looking for excellent junior researchers in any of the
following areas: algorithmic analysis of systems (model checking, static
analysis); logical and automata-theoretical approaches to formal verification
and automatic synthesis; and concurrency theory, in particular the theory of
Petri nets and Vector Addition Systems. For one of the positions we are
especially interested in candidates with experience in tool building.

The positions are funded for 2 years with the option of an extension for
another two. Applicants must have completed a degree in computer science,
mathematics, of electrical engineering, and must have demonstrated strong
interest in research. In addition to pursuing a strong research program, the
scholars are expected to contribute to mentoring students.

TUM provides excellent working conditions in a lively scientific community.
The Chair for Foundations of Software Reliability maintains an open,
international, and diverse work environment. Current members come from six
different countries in three continents. There is generous travel support
available for all chair members. Our working language is English.

For your application send your CV and 3 references to esparza at in.tum.de and
link at in.tum.de. For the postdoctoral position add a summary of your current
reseach ideas. Please contact Javier Esparza at esparza at in.tum.de with any
questions.

The positions are available from September 1, 2018, but a later start is
possible.
Reviewing of applications will commence on 15 June, 2018 and applicants are
encouraged to apply by this deadline. However, applications will be accepted
until the positions are filled.

--
Prof. Javier Esparza
Faculty of Computer Science