[FM-India] Call for Participation in The First Indian SAT+SMT School

Ashutosh Gupta agupta at tifr.res.in
Tue Aug 30 12:00:53 IST 2016

Dear all,

                THE FIRST INDIAN SAT+SMT SCHOOL
                    December 4-10th January
                    TIFR, Colaba, Mumbai
          https://indico.tifr.res.in/indico/event/SAT+SMT

  Deadline for application of registration: 30th September

  SAT and SMT solvers are the backbone of a wide range of academic and
industrial R&D activities today.  These include software and hardware
verification, logistics, planning, operations research, non-linear
discrete optimization, model counting, etc.  Recent developments in the
field suggest that these solvers may soon be leveraged in an even wider
range of applications that touch almost all aspects of computing.
Unfortunately, in India, the technical study of these solvers is limited
to a few individuals/groups. This has hampered the growth of research
and development in this area, both in the Indian academia and in the
Indian industry.

  Keeping in view this gap, we are organizing a workshop on SAT+SMT
solvers that will include a basic course on logic, tutorials on solvers
by eminent scientists and developers from around the world, and latest
research and applications centered around these solvers. The first
edition of this workshop is planned during 4-10 Dec, 2016 at TIFR Mumbai.

  We invite the participation of Ph.D./masters students and academics
from Indian colleges/universities, and engineers from the industry. Due
to limited space, we request you to apply for registration before 30th
September at the following URL.

https://indico.tifr.res.in/indico/confRegistrationFormDisplay.py?confId=5062

  We will announce the confirmation of the registration on 15th October.
For some of the selected students, we will provide support for the
travel, accommodation, and waive their participation fee.

  We look forward to your participation. Needless to say, we'd be very
happy to clarify any questions you might have in this regard.

Best regards,
Supratik Chakraborty, IIT Bombay
Ashutosh Gupta, TIFR
SAT+SMT School organizers