[FM-India] SNR 2018: 4th International Workshop on Symbolic and Numerical Methods for Reachability Analysis - 2nd Call for Papers (includes extended deadlines)

Madhavan Mukund madhavan at cmi.ac.in
Sun Dec 31 17:31:10 IST 2017

----- Forwarded message -----

Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:58:49 +0100
From: Martin Fränzle <martin.fraenzle at informatik.uni-oldenburg.de>
To: om-announce at openmath.org, tccc-announce <tccc-announce at COMSOC.ORG>,
 gdr-im at gdr-im.fr, hscc at lists.illinois.edu, concurrency at listserver.tue.nl,
 meta-heuristics at jiscmail.ac.uk, fmindia at cmi.ac.in
Subject: SNR 2018: 4th International Workshop on Symbolic and Numerical
 Methods for Reachability Analysis - 2nd Call for Papers (includes extended
 deadlines)

4th International Workshop on Symbolic and Numerical Methods for
Reachability Analysis

April 14, 2018, Thessaloniki, Greece
Affiliated with ETAPS 2018

http://snr2018.verivital.com/

Submission site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=snr2018

Important Dates
===============

Abstract submission: January 19, 2018
Paper submission: January 26, 2018
Notification: February 20, 2018
Final version: March 3, 2018
Workshop date: April 14, 2018
About and Scope

Cyber-physical systems are complex dynamical systems that combine discrete
and continuous components and therefore feature hybrid
discrete-continuous state. Reachability questions, regarding whether a
system can run into a certain subset of its state space, stand at the core
of verification and synthesis problems for hybrid systems and their
embedded control software. Many successful reachability analysis methods
for hybrid systems connect techniques from two major research areas:

- Symbolic methods that encode reachability properties as logical
  formulas, resorting to constraint solvers, model checking algorithms,
  and theorem provers for discharging proof obligations over the resulting
  predicative representations of systems and state sets.

- Numerical methods that operate on various forms of numerical
  approximations of reachable state sets and system dynamics, like verified
  integration.

The SNR workshop is a platform for seeking further synergies between these
two types of techniques already interacting closely in the existing
approaches for reachability analysis. The workshop aims to catalyze work on
the interface of symbolic and numerical methods for reachability
analysis, automated system verification, correct-by-construction
system synthesis, and planning in hybrid-state dynamical systems. It
solicits submissions broadly in the area of analysis and
synthesis of continuous and hybrid systems.
Submission Guidelines

The workshop solicits

- long research papers (not exceeding 15 pages excluding references),
- short research papers (not exceeding 6 pages excluding references)
- tool papers (not exceeding 6 pages excluding references)
- work-in-progress papers (not exceeding 6 pages excluding references).

Research papers must present original unpublished work which is not
submitted elsewhere. In order to foster the exchange of ideas, we also
encourage work-in-progress papers, which present recent or on-going
work.

The papers should be written in English and formatted according to the
EPTCS guidelines (http://style.eptcs.org/).

Papers can be submitted using the EasyChair system:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=snr2018
All submissions will undergo a peer-reviewing process.

Accepted research papers will be presented at the workshop and
published in the Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical
Computer Science (EPTCS, http://www.eptcs.org/).

Accepted work-in-progress papers will be presented at the workshop but
will not be included in the proceedings.
List of Topics

The scope of the workshop includes, but is not restricted to, the
following topics:

- Verification of hybrid systems
- Flow-pipe construction; symbolic representation of regions in
  reachability analysis algorithms
- Abstraction techniques for hybrid systems and numerical programs
- Trajectory generation from symbolic paths; counterexample computation
- Symbolic and reliable integration
- Bounded model-checking, symbolic simulation, and related techniques
- Decision procedures over real numbers; logics to reason about hybrid
  systems
- Automated deduction and invariant generation for hybrid systems
- Reachability analysis for planning and synthesis
- Stochastic/probabilistic hybrid systems
- Domain-specific approaches in biology, robotics, cyber-physical systems
  (CPS), embedded software, etc.

* Committees
* Program Committee

Erika Abraham (RWTH Aachen, Germany)
Matthias Althoff (TUM, Germany)
Ezio Bartocci (TU Vienna, Austria)
Stanley Bak (Air Force Research Laboratory, OH, USA)
Sergiy Bogomolov (Australian National University, Australia)
Parasara Sridhar Duggirala (University of Connecticut, CT, USA)
Martin Fränzle (University of Oldenburg, Germany; PC Co-Chair)
Goran Frehse (Verimag, France)
Sicun Gao (University of California San Diego, CA, USA)
Taylor T. Johnson (Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA; PC Co-Chair)
Ian Mitchell (University of British Columbia, Canada)
Nikolaj Nikitchenko (Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Ukraine)
Jens Oehlerking (Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany)
Corina Pasareanu (NASA Ames Research Center, CA, USA)
Rajarshi Ray (National Institute of Technology Meghalaya, India)
Stefan Ratschan (Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic)
Stavros Tripakis (Aalto University, Finland)
Naijun Zhan (Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, PRC)
Paolo Zuliani (University of Newcastle, UK)

* Organizing committee

Taylor T. Johnson (Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA)
Martin Fränzle (Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Germany)

| Martin Fränzle             <fraenzle at informatik.uni-oldenburg.de> |
|                  http://hs.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/25665.html |
| Carl von Ossietzky Universität | Phone: +49-441-9722 566 (direct) |
| FK II, Department Informatik   |        +49-441-9722 501 (secr.)  |
| Abt. Hybride Systeme           | Fax:   +49-441-9722 502          |
| D-26111 Oldenburg, Germany     |                                  |