[FM-India] TECS Week 2010 - Registrations

R Venky r.venky at tcs.com
Thu Sep 17 13:27:36 IST 2009

Dear Colleague,

The 2010 TCS Excellence in Computer Sciences Week (TECS Week) will be held
from January 4-8, 2010 at the Tata Research Development and Design Centre
in Pune, India. TECS Week is organized to bring the highest quality
education in Computer Science to the most gifted young computer scientists
in developing countries.  For details of TECS Week?10, please visit:
TECSWeek'10

The topic for TECS Week?10 is:
Formal methods in software verification, testing and debugging

In recent years, we have witnessed dramatic increase in the application of
model checking techniques to software verification and validation
including testing; these techniques, for instance, have been used to prove
properties of many software systems including Windows drivers and Linux
kernel. This course will introduce participants to both the foundations
and the applications of model checking. The foundations will include
algorithms and techniques to check for satisfiability of propositional and
predicate formulas. The application discussion will cover computer aided
verification, automated software testing using static and dynamic
analysis, and security testing among others.

We have an excellent set of speakers for this event from across the globe.
The speakers include:
Patrice Godefroid (Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA)
Daniel Kröning (Oxford University, UK)
Rupak Majumdar (University of California, Los Angeles, USA)
Natarajan Shankar (SRI International, USA)

We invite you and others in your organization to participate in TECS
Week?10. TECS Week is targeted at young postgraduate and research
students, faculty and young professionals from research institutions and
industry. There are no fees for participation in TECS Week.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Deadline for submitting an on-line application for participation in TECS
Week    : November 15th, 2009
Notification of acceptance to the event : December 1st, 2009

I enclose a leaflet that gives an overview of TECS Week 2010. For further
details of TECS Week?10 and to submit an application for participation,
please visit: TECSWeek'10.

TECS Week is brought to you by the TCS? Co Innovation Network (CoIN)? and
TCS Innovation Lab ? TRDDC in cooperation with UNU/IIST and IARCS.

We look forward to active participation from your team in TECS Week 2010.

With best wishes,

Yours sincerely,

Prof. Harrick Vin
TECS Week 2010 Committee