[FM-India] ML4PM 2021 - Second International Workshop on Leveraging Machine Learning in Process Mining

Paolo Ceravolo Paolo.Ceravolo at unimi.it
Tue May 11 01:05:15 IST 2021

3rd International Conference on Process Mining, October 31-November 4, 2021, Eindhoven, the Netherlands

# ML4PM 2021
## SECOND INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON LEVERAGING MACHINE LEARNING IN PROCESS MINING
### October 31-November 4, 2021, Eindhoven, the Netherlands
[http://ml4pm2021.di.unimi.it](http://ml4pm2021.di.unimi.it)

### AN ACTIVITY FROM THE [IEEE TASK FORCE ON PROCESS MINING](https://www.win.tue.nl/ieeetfpm/doku.php?id=start)

## About ML4PM
The interest in combining Machine Learning and Process Mining has seen increasing growth in the last few years along with the relevance of the ICPM conference. Thus, this workshop offers a focused environment to discuss new approaches, applications and their results to a wide audience, composed of researchers and practitioners.
ML4PM will be held in Eindhoven, in conjunction with the ICPM conference.

### Call for Papers
This workshop invites papers that present works that lay in the intersection between machine learning and process mining. The event provides a suitable environment to discuss new approaches presented by researchers and practitioners. Main themes include automated process modeling, predictive process mining, application of deep learning techniques and online process mining. The workshop will count with leading researchers, engineers and scientists who are actively working on these topics.

### Topics
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:

* Outcome and time prediction
* Classification and clusterization of business processes
* Application of Deep Learning for PM
* Stream mining for online process environments
* Anomaly detection for PM
* Natural Language Processing and Text Mining for PM
* Multi-perspective analysis of processes
* Machine Learning for robot process automation
* Automated process modeling and updating
* Conformance checking based on Machine Learning
* Transfer Learning applied to business processes
* IoT business services leveraged by Machine Learning
* Multidimensional Process Mining
* Predictive Process Mining
* Prescriptive Learning in Process Mining
* Convergence of Machine Learning and Blockchain in Process Mining

### Submission Guidelines

Contributions to all calls should be submitted electronically to the Workshop management system connecting to [https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=icpm2021](https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=icpm2021). At least one author of each accepted paper is expected to participate in the conference and present his/her work.

Submissions must be original contributions that have not been published previously.  Authors are requested to prepare submissions according to the format of the Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series by Springer [href="http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-791344-0](http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-791344-0). Submissions must be in English and must not exceed 12 pages (including figures, bibliography and appendices). Each paper should contain a short abstract, clarifying the relation of the paper with the workshop topics, clearly state the problem being addressed, the goal of the work, the results achieved, and the relation to the literature.

> **Registrations** are managed by the [ICPM system](https://icpmconference.org/2021/registration/)

### Important Dates

| Milestone | Deadline|
| ------ | ------ |
| Abstract Submission| 			August 19, 2021|
| Paper Submission| 			August 26, 2021|
| Notification of Acceptance| 		September 16, 2021|
| Submission of Camera Ready Papers|    September 30, 2021|
| Workshop| 				November 1, 2021|
|Post-workshop Camera-Ready Papers| November 16, 2021|

## Organizers
### CHAIRS

* Paolo Ceravolo, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy (https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4519-0173)
* Sylvio Barbon Jr., State University of Londrina, Brazil (https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4988-0702)
* Annalisa Appice, Università degli Studi di Bari, Italy (https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9840-844X)

### Program Committee

Matthias Ehrendorfer, University of Vienna

Sarajane Marques Peres, University of São Paulo

Luís Paulo Faina Garcia, University of Brasilia

Michelangelo Ceci, University of Bari Aldo Moro

Gabriel Marques Tavares, Università degli Studi di Milano

Domenico Potena , Università Politechnica delle Marche

Antonella Guzzo, Università della Calabria

Natalia Sidorova, Eindhoven University of Technology

Irene Teinemaa, Booking.com

Wil van der Aalst,	 RWTH Aachen University

María Teresa Gómez, University of Seville

Mariangela Lazoi, University of Salento

Emerson Cabrera Paraiso, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná

Bruno Bogaz Zarpelão, State University of Londrina

Chiara Di Francescomarino, Fondazione Bruno Kessler

Fabrizio Maria Maggi, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano