[FM-India] Sad news: Helmut Veith passes away

Supratik Chakraborty supratik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Mon Mar 14 00:31:55 IST 2016

Extremely sad news.  Forwarding an email from Roderick Bloem.

   -Supratik

Roderick Bloem wrote:

Dear Friends,

We are deeply saddened to tell you that Helmut Veith passed away on Saturday, 12 March from the effects of a pulmonary embolism after an operation on his leg. Helmut was a brilliant researcher, an inspiring collaborator, a generous friend, and a wonderful father and husband. He leaves a void that will be impossible to fill.

Details for the funeral have not yet been fixed. Condolences are welcome atanna.prianichnikova at tuwien.ac.at; at Schoenburggasse 42, 1040 Wien, Austria; or by phone.

Roderick Bloem

PS: The list of recipients of this email is incomplete. We would be grateful if you could inform further friends.