[FM-India] ASIR 2015 - CALL FOR PAPERS
Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Technologies
k.wasielewska at fedcsis.org
Mon Dec 22 02:42:29 IST 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
5th International Workshop on Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval
Lodz, Poland, September 13-16, 2015
E-mail: asir2015 at fedcsis.org
We would like to cordially invite you to consider contributing a paper
to ASIR - held as a part of the Federated Conference on Computer Science
and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2015).
FedCSIS a yearly international multi-conference organized by the Polish
Information Processing Society (PTI) in cooperation with the IEEE Region
8, ACM Special Interest Group on Applied Computing, European Alliance
for Innovation, Lodz ACM Chapter, Polish Operational and Systems
Research Society - POSRS, Eastern Cluster ICT Poland, Mazovia Cluster
ICT (further technical collaborations will be announced shortly).
Recent advances in semantic technologies form a solid basis for a
variety of methods and instruments that support multimedia information
retrieval, knowledge representation, discovery and analysis. They
influence the way and form of representing documents in the memory of
computers, approaches to analyze documents, techniques to mine and
retrieve knowledge. The abundance of video, voice and speech data also
raises new challenging problems to multimedia information retrieval systems.
We believe that our workshop will facilitate discussions of new research
results in this area, and will serve as a meeting place for researchers
from all over the world. Our aim is to create an atmosphere of
friendship and cooperation for everyone, interested in computational
linguistics and semantic information retrieval. The ASIR’15 workshop
will continue to maintain high standards of quality and organization,
set in the previous years. We welcome all the researchers, interested in
semantic information retrieval, to join our event.
The workshop addresses semantic information retrieval theory and
important matters, related to practical Web tools. The topics and areas
include but not limited to:
- Domain-specific semantic applications.
- Evaluation methodologies for semantic search and retrieval.
- Models for document representation.
- Natural language semantic processing.
- Ontology for semantic information retrieval.
- Ontology alignment, mapping and merging.
- Query interfaces.
- Searching and ranking.
- Semantic multimedia retrieval.
- Visualization of retrieved results.
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Papers should be submitted by April 24, 2015. Preprints will be
published on a USB memory stick provided to the FedCSIS participants.
Only papers presented during the conference will be submitted to the
IEEE for inclusion in the Xplore Digital Library. Furthermore,
proceedings, published in a volume with ISBN and ISSN numbers will
posted at the conference WWW site. Moreover, most Events' organizers
arrange quality journals, edited volumes, etc. and may invite selected
extended and revised papers for post-conference publications
(information can be found at the websites of individual events).
- Paper submission: April 24, 2015
- Position paper submission: June 1, 2015
- Acceptance decision: June 15, 2015
- Final version of paper submission: July 1, 2015
- Final deadline for discounted fee: July 1, 2015
- Conference dates: September 13-16, 2015
- Klyuev, Vitaly, University of Aizu, Japan
- Mozgovoy, Maxim, University of Aizu, Japan
PROGRAM COMMITTEE (confirmed so far)
- Carrara, Massimiliano, Universita di Padova, Italy
- Dobrynin, Vladimir, Saint Petersburg State University, Russia
- Goczyła, Krzysztof, Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
- Haralambous, Yannis, Institut Telecom - Telecom Bretagne, France
- Homenda, Wladyslaw, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Jin, Qun, Waseda University, Japan
- Lai, Cristian, CRS4, Italy
- Leonelli, Sabina, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- Nalepa, Grzegorz J., AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Pyshkin, Evgeny, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Russia
- Shtykh, Roman, CyberAgent Inc., Japan
- Slezak, Dominik, University of Warsaw & Infobright Inc., Poland
- Soldatova, Larisa, Brunel University, United Kingdom
- Suárez-Figueroa, Mari Carmen, Ontology Engineering Group, Scool of
Computer Science at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Tadeusiewicz, Ryszard, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Vacura, Miroslav, University of Economics, Czech Republic
- Zadrozny, Slawomir, Systems Research Institute, Poland
- Ławrynowicz, Agnieszka, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
CHAIRS OF FedCSIS CONFERENCE SERIES
Maria Ganzha, Leszek A. Maciaszek, Marcin Paprzycki
CONTACT FedCSIS AT: secretariat at fedcsis.org
FedCSIS on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/FedCSISFacebook
FedCSIS on LinkedIN: http://tinyurl.com/FedCSISLinkedIN
More information about the FMIndia