[FM-India] Positions for PhD students and Post-Docs

Baskar Anguraj baskar at mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Nov 26 18:09:12 IST 2011

The TU Darmstadt is one of Germany's top technical universities with an
outstanding nation-wide and international reputation in research and
education.
Being part of Theoretical Computer Science, the chair Modeling and
Analysis of
Information Systems (MAIS) is currently offering positions for PhD
students and
PostDocs.

What are the positions about?
****************************
Our aim is to make IT systems more reliable and secure than they are
today. Due to
the complexity of today's information systems and the manifold
possibilities to attack
these systems, the development of secure systems is a big technological
challenge. To
address this challenge, we develop formal methods and supporting tools
that can be applied
in the software-development process and at runtime. We test our
approaches in
case-studies in our Mobile Devices Lab and in practice. In particular,
we are
working on information flow security, policy languages, refinement of
specifications, runtime monitoring, static analysis and security
engineering.
Currently, we are looking for candidates who are interested in formal
approaches for information security in any of the above areas.

**The positions
*************
Suitable candidates should have a Master's degree (or equivalent) in
Computer
Science or Mathematics.  For all our research topics, a solid background
in formal
methods or logic is required. A background in information security will
be helpful,
but is not a prerequisite. Prior knowledge in any of the following areas
is also a plus:
Automated Verification, Model Checking, Model-based Software
Development, Concurrency
Theory, Program Analysis, Side-channel Analysis, Runtime Monitoring.
Candidates
should be highly motivated to tackle challenging research topics and to
contribute to an open-minded team.

We offer a productive and continuously evolving research environment, in
which
you can discuss ideas and collaborate with team members who are working on
related research topics. Our international connections as well as our
involvement in interesting research projects, for example the DFG priority
programme Reliably Secure Software Systems (RS3) and the Center for Advanced
Security Research Darmstadt (CASED), provide further opportunities for
inspiration and collaborations. The publication of your research results at
highly ranked conferences will be expected and supported. The positions
offered
are regular jobs with social benefits. The salary will be based on the TV-TU
Darmstadt public service salary scale (equivalent to former BAT IIa and
TV-L).
German language skills are not required in the beginning, but the
willingness
to learn German within the first year is expected.
**
How to apply?
*************
Please submit your application, preferably on paper, including your
detailed CV
(stating your language skills in English and German), complete educational
transcripts with grades and degrees (copies, no originals), description
of your
background and your research interests, and, if possible, the contact
information
of one or two references to Prof. Dr. Heiko Mantel, TU Darmstadt,
Department of
Computer Science, MAIS Group, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt,
Germany*.*

Deadline**for applications is 11 December 2011. However, we will
consider applications
until the positions are filled. The positions are available immediately
but a later start is also possible.

TU Darmstadt is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes
applications from
women. In case of equal qualifications, applicants with a degree of
disability
of at least 50 or equal will be given preference.

More information is available at
http://www.mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de. In case
of questions, please contact us by e-mail
recruiting at mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de.